Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wonderful Things



Salutations!

Let me start off by saying that hopefully everyone has understood my insanely dry sense of humor and strong doses of sarcasm throughout each post! If not, welp.

Can I just tell the world that I have the most wonderful husband in the entire universe? [Almost every person will say the exact same thing. And it's absolutely true; they have the most wonderful spouse for them :].]

First of all, he cleaned the microwave. Ladies: HE CLEANED THE MICROWAVE. An extremely rare phenomenon that makes me want to throw confetti in the kitchen every day. [Hopefully he would clean that up as well.] Exhibit B: every night he offers to massage my feet. I'm thinking that there is something in the water in Florida... and I dig.

As the cherry on top, +Zane woke up at 2 in the AM [as a result of my screaming] to attack the largest cockroach there is; the Palmetto. Which, is also the name of our ward; how comforting. [ <- example of sarcasm.] I couldn't sleep and wanted a sinful snack and went to the kitchen for a cookie. No joke, I had the thought that I should turn the lights on. AND THERE SHE WAS. [I refer to this roach from the depths of Hades as a female because boats and ships are always assigned to be females, thus emphasizing the size of the thing.] +Zane  came in, luckily before it started to fly. Yes. They have wings. TERROR. We had no idea what to do. I ran into the closet to get the vacuum, as it was our only potentially effective weapon. He grabbed the hose and sucked it up with a performance comparable to Chuck Norris. Interesting fact: cockroaches poop. And leave it on your counter. As a welcoming gift. Luckily this was our first encounter and it better be our last. End scene.

I got together with my fellow medwife and wonderful friend Lauren for a craft day! Her husband is a fourth year and graduating soon, then off to residency!                                     She had the greatest idea for a goodbye-guestbook. We cut up a bunch of colored paper in the shape of petals. When put together on a mountable canvas, it's a huge flower! Before gluing all of the petals onto the canvas, each friend who came to the farewell party would write a sweet message on a petal. So beautiful and creative! Her farewell party was so great and bittersweet. Great food, good music, perfect weather. They're off to South Carolina! So sad to see her go. After the party, +Zane+Malori+Kristian and I got together for dinner and our traditional game: Cranium. +Malori and I soundly defeated the gentlemen [although they hardly are when it comes to gaming] and it felt wonderful :].

This is entirely juvenile, but I just have to inform the nation. I have been trying to learn how to french/dutch braid since middle school. NEVER could. The other day, I just decided that I was going to try. And WUHBAM; it worked! It was a miracle. And now I do it every day and feel like the cat's pajamas.

Great fun with friends so far this month :]. With the Balles, Halls and Rappaports we played games, ate good food and had yummy desserts. And, I got to spend time with my wonderful YW leader from long long ago, Cathy Sargent! More importantly, my best friend +Zane and I have had the perfect day every day :]. Always having fun together, learning together, eating together and loving each other.

Happy March to all :]








P.S. We found our first gator in our backyard! He's a little baby that +Catherine and +Malori and I named Charles haha.

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME. Love reading your posts, you are hilarious. And should probably write a book. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary the photo of you and Zane is beautiful and I mean YOU! I love your hair and smile :) Also I agree: you are a gifted story teller and I love that I can ‘hear’ you in the story.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete