[Looks more like the karate HIYAH! than what I intended it to be.]
Well, Zane and I attempted to go on a date. It is such a foreign concept to us... considering the whole, medical school thing. Ain't no thang.
[Actually it totally is a thang. There is no such thing as a "weekend" in Medical School Land, therefore a "date" is an endangered species.]
We found our golden ticket to the golden arches in the mail on Friday. Two coupons for wraps and drinks! It was a glorious event. The emotions were very reminiscent of the following vidja. You must watch the first 30 seconds to fully understand. If you watch any further, you may go slightly insane.
The sun was setting, the food was great, the weather was perfect and the music sublime.
I never thought there could be so much to say about dinner at Mickey D's :].
And then there was that one time where a cockroach jumped on my shoulder. Yeah I highly recommend to avoid this situation. Guess he didn't get the memo about the welcome mat. [If you have no idea what I'm referring to, then you should read my blog more often. :] ]
We made our favorite hash browns! [+Zane has informed me that it's hash browns and not hash browns. Tomayto tomawto.] [I've decided that it is illegal to say tomawto.]
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed into 8 pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon extra morally clean olive oil
- Blender with 1-2 inches of cold water
- Large bowl, medium bowl, towel
- Put cubed potatoes into blender, 4-5 at a time.
- Blend for a short period of time so you don't end up with mashed potatoes!
- Place the towel over the medium bowl and pour the shredded potatoes onto the towel. [This reduces the moisture.]
- Place [semi] dried shredded potatoes in the large bowl.
- Add the diced onion, salt, olive oil and mix.
- Cook to your crispy preference!
For more of my foodieness and fitness[ness?], visit my new blog!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week.